The parties which played a central role in the National Day of Catalonia on September 11, 2012 are now working on a statement on the right of the Catalan people to cut off the tie with the Spanish state. The resolution will be voted on Thursday by the regional parliament, at the end of the general debate due to start tomorrow. To the writing of the resolution on sovereignty, which is not binding, are participating the following parties: Convergencia i Union (CiU), the ruling party in the Generalitat, with 62 deputies; Iniciativa (ICV-Euia), with 10 deputies; Esquerra Republicana (ERC), 10 deputies, the independents of Solidaritat, 3 deputies, and Joan Laporta. The Popular Party (PP) (18 deputies) and Ciutadans (3) are against the initiative, while the Socialist Party (PSC, 28) proposes to move towards the construction of a federal state. According to Spanish media, the statement won't be only a proposition, as others rated in the past by the Catalan room, but goes further, and expresses "the will of Catalan people to vote on the bond with the State of Spain". In addition to this, it opens the way for forthcoming elections which may already take place on November 25, and a referendum on the sovereignity of Catalonia, claimed by parties supporting a national indipendence. A decision which, as indicated by the Catalan President Artur Mas, must be taken by the majority of the Parliament. After the refusal of the government of Mariano Rajoy of a fiscal pact with Catalonia - a privileged system of financing, such as those in the Basque Country and in Navarre - Mas said that it was time to take a step forward, even with the a referendum for indipendence. For his part, the Secretary General of Convergence (CDC), Oriol Pujol, declared to be "skeptical about a dialogue" suggested on Saturday by Prime Minister Rajoy, to check the possibility of an agreement on the financing of Catalonia. He also urged the Prime Minister to take initiative and "Do not play with the feelings of the Catalans". According to La Vanguardia, the model for the new Catalonia would be Scotland. (ANSAmed). http://www.ansamed.info/Source: Infoindepe
ansamed/en/news/nations/spain/ 2012/09/24/ Spain-Catalan-Parliament-vote-r ight-independence_7523987.html
Monday, September 24, 2012
- ► 2016 (23)
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (68)
- Bye bye Sr. Lara, Bye bye Editorial Planeta!
- Catalan Parliament will vote on right of independe...
- 26/09/2012 Ambigu esborrany de pr...
- Ambigu esborrany de proposta de CiU. Ni dates ni l...
- Czech Economist Defends Catalonia's Independence
- NOTA DE LA ASOCIACIÓN DE MILITARES ESPAÑOLES
- Teresa Rebull nous a envoyé une copie de la lettre...
- Denouncing the silent war Spain is waging against ...
- Europe Spanish region of Catalonia says it may pr...
- Live now: Santiago Spot (president of Catalonia Ac...
- Més de 1000 autocars i 4 trens !!!
- Financial Times: Separatism threatens the future o...
- Catalonia the Next State in Europe !!!
- Un "eco" de ultratumba.
- The Catalan Bailout (XSiM, Xavier Sala i Martin)
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (63)
- ► 2008 (92)
- ► 2007 (42)