Independence Day Republic of Kosova declares independence.
February 17th 2008
We are honored and humbled that it is our generation that lives to see this day,
and we are aware and ready to take up the path that begins from here.
Our future is with Europe.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, for standing by us in the worst of times.
May peace and light prevail.
- 10:00 Prime Ministers leads off from Government to Parliament- hands over the request for extraordinary Parliament Session
- 11:00 Prime Minister makes public the request for extraordinary session of the Parliament
- 12:00 Assembly Presidency Meeting
- 13:30 Meeting of the Parliamentary Groups
- 15:00 Plenary Session of Kosova Assembly
- 18:00 Statement by three leaders at Hotel Grand MEDIA CENTER
- 18:30 Hoist of Independence Obelisk in front of the Youth Palace in Prishtina
- 19:00 Kosova Philharmonic Concert Hall 1 October
- 20:00 Concert in Prishtina Square
- 22:50 President and Prime Minister address the masses
- 23:00 Fireworks displayed at four different parts of Prishtina
Countries that have recognized Kosova after 17th of February...
What could be called as Independence 2.0, Kosovars are being called upon to record their own videos of the celebrations, and send them to "Jeta ne Kosove". Of course they would eventually end up on YouTube!!! A coverage never before seen of a special event like this.
Flag and Constitution of
the Republic of Kosova
Organizations that Recognize Kosova
Countries that will recognize Kosova... 51 out of 192 are ready to recognize Republic of Kosova
email us at email@example.com